iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > Renewal Class Discussion

Notices

Renewal Class Discussion Everything about Renewal Classes in here!

Old 08-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #381
S28G
Poring Egg

Server: iRO Chaos
Class: Sniper

Default Re: The "help me with my build" thread, Assassin/Assassin Cross/Guillotine Cross Edit

Are 90 vit enough for mvping?

I thought 100 vit are neccessary against stun

Can int be lowered to reach 100 vit or is int obligatory for mvping?
S28G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:49 AM   #382
yummybuns
Poring

Default Re: The "help me with my build" thread, Assassin/Assassin Cross/Guillotine Cross Edit

Hay peeps, just a question about gearing.
I have what you see here, along with :
+4 Boned Infiltrator
+7 Triple Saharic Wind Katar
+6 Fire Katar [3]

Aside from my armor (which ideally should be a Wild Cat Bone Plate or something), would it be worth investing in a +9 Slicing Durga or would an Aural one be better? I doubt I'd be using CI to level anytime soon (I point and click to level while studying) so I do not intend to invest in a Naughter Seiger blade.

Any suggestions pertaining to other gearing changes/upgrades would be greatly appreciated as well!

Oh, and I'm a crit-sin (duh XD).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenYmir_VIP001.jpg
Views:	788
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	4640  
yummybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #383
Hurricane Hanna
Drops

Class: Assassin

I had a couple of questions for the vets that will help me with my build:

1) Overupped Wild Beast Claw + chickhat (or sidewinder card) or Scalpel (2-3x Minorous)+ Ice Pick vs Bradium Golems. w/Ctrl Click.

I'm really more curious about the ice pick's effects on the high def and if its worth keeping at the higher levels or if I should just focus on katars and crit.

2) Rideword hat - Are the gains of SP noticeable enough to cover spamming skills, just enough to cover occasional use or not worth relying on at all for single targets?

I want to assume from how expensive/popular they are that they will indeed fulfill my wildest fantasies, but I've gimped myself too much on other chars leaning on what I think an item SHOULD do over the reality of practical use. At very least, it'd be nice to recomp sp lost to weapon blocking/counter slashing. Looking for experienced folks to enlighten me.

3) High Flee or High Perfect Dodge? - This is for a PVM build

Every now and again I see people trying to hit the 100 PD barrier and I'm curious just how awesome that really is over accommodating a high flee. Does PD work even when mobbed by more than three?

4) 100% crit = never miss.... evar?

Does a dex-less, luck build w/ Katars and fun Rogue treasures, provide a suitable PVMer for end game MVPing? Does Dex really provide anything worthwhile?

5) Int = worth anything?

I realize the more int = more spamming of skills, but if you burn through your int spamming CI or Rolling Cutter, aren't you out of SP anyhow? Does having more int actually help with getting it back faster (better: faster than you can use it) using Rideword, etc?

6) How do you guys successfully get SP back while leveling from 100-150 without buying blue pots or sitting all the time?

7) High level enjoyability?

Any 150s care to impart tips, tricks or tell how much fun they have tearing shit up with their maxed out GX? I love mine and I just became a GX. Curious what the view's like from the top.
Hurricane Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #384
Moonkist
Poporing

Guild: CS
Class: Guillotine Cross

1) Overupped Wild Beast Claw + chickhat (or sidewinder card) or Scalpel (2-3x Minorous)+ Ice Pick vs Bradium Golems. w/Ctrl Click.

rly not sure

2) Rideword hat - Are the gains of SP noticeable enough to cover spamming skills, just enough to cover occasional use or not worth relying on at all for single targets?

if you use EDP & mob up enough with rolling cutter u will not need SP at all if you have rideword hat. Single Targets, it should be some what useful but you will prolly need some SP pots.

PD works with heavy mobs. However it is quite hard to attain high enough PDodge & kill stuff at the same time. should be switching Fortune daggers when mobbing -> when killing switch the main weapon, which is assumed to be katar.

If 100% Crit on status window(50 for katar), it does miss as mobs have stuff called crit shield depending on their luk. however its hardly noticeable.

5) Int = worth anything?

when I was PvMing in Scaraba Hall, I had 1 int, didn't have problem with SP. Rolling Cutter is really good for leeching SP off mobs with EDP cause it hits a lot uses 5 SP a hit. however I had tons of SP Items (+8 Nyd, Variants) and +9 Rideword Hat.

6) How do you guys successfully get SP back while leveling from 100-150 without buying blue pots or sitting all the time?

no idea cause I didn't use SP at all till 130s (I ctrl-clicked to 130s since it was fun) , only used Rolling Cutter when I got to Scaraba Hall.

GX is pretty useless for WoE (killing-wise), and is not a great character to enjoy other contents of the game (MVPing, ET, WoE, PvP etc).
GX can be ridiculously strong 1 vs 1 character under certain settings, but it is really not worth that much.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #385
Hurricane Hanna
Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkist View Post

rly not sure

if you use EDP & mob up enough with rolling cutter u will not need SP at all if you have rideword hat. Single Targets, it should be some what useful but you will prolly need some SP pots.

PD works with heavy mobs. However it is quite hard to attain high enough PDodge & kill stuff at the same time. should be switching Fortune daggers when mobbing -> when killing switch the main weapon, which is assumed to be katar.

If 100% Crit on status window(50 for katar), it does miss as mobs have stuff called crit shield depending on their luk. however its hardly noticeable.

5) Int = worth anything?

when I was PvMing in Scaraba Hall, I had 1 int, didn't have problem with SP. Rolling Cutter is really good for leeching SP off mobs with EDP cause it hits a lot uses 5 SP a hit. however I had tons of SP Items (+8 Nyd, Variants) and +9 Rideword Hat.

no idea cause I didn't use SP at all till 130s (I ctrl-clicked to 130s since it was fun) , only used Rolling Cutter when I got to Scaraba Hall.

GX is pretty useless for WoE (killing-wise), and is not a great character to enjoy other contents of the game (MVPing, ET, WoE, PvP etc).
GX can be ridiculously strong 1 vs 1 character under certain settings, but it is really not worth that much.
1. What did you use on Bradiums or did you go another route to 150? Scaraba?

2. I hate EDP on principle. Its expensive on Ymir to buy them, lasts an incredibly short time and I wouldn't try to make them until I had enough dex/luk to make it worthwhile. Seems like a waste, but I may try it later with Roller Cutter for some mobbing potential. If I was looking to pay that much to level, I'd break out my mechanic. As for the Rideword hat... vote's not in on that yet... using a chick hat right now when using katar, so I might just stick with that.

3. Right. PD is good, but not at the sacrifice of killing ability unless mobbing for someone. Good to know.

4. Good to know about this. Still probably aiming for 100 crit. 90s luck, Katar and two Rogue's Treasures is probably enough given my current gear.

5. I have Nyd and will soon have variants. Will probably leave INT at 1 then. I'll probably end up getting the Rideword hat and if I don't like it on my GX, I'm sure there's a mobbing type class I should very much enjoy leveling up to make use of it.

6. I'll probably end up mostly CTRL clicking myself. Its kinda therapeutic actually, to slide up to something and just disintegrate it. No need for big numbers when all the little numbers add up just as much

7. Now that is disappointing to hear. I plan on mostly doing PVM, farming for ingredients to sell and rares. I have some other classes in the works for MVPing and more group activities, but my main draw to the class was how the assassin chainsaws its way through a single target. I'm looking forward to maximizing this and then heading back into areas that pwn me right now. Gotta farm those Prickly Fruits, Mandragora Flowerpots, Old Card Albums and other various rares for my merchant to sell .

/edit - Actually, now that I think about it, you might be able to answer another question... What do you feel is the ultimate ctrl click build? STR/AGI/VIT/LUK (100) and the rest in... dex (18)? or int for some skill use for a change.

Last edited by Hurricane Hanna; 08-25-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #386
ro23
Poring

Class: Arch Bishop

I'm a new user of GX classes, well what do you think about this skill builds?

1- http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4...oacBnnbrrFdxwY

2- http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4...dncBqFrArFdxwY
Cami. - Rune Knight 13x/xx * Cami~ - Archbishop 10x/xx ME
rod~ - Shadow Chaser 11x/xx WoE
El Barto~ - Shadow Chaser 10x/xx PVM * darkpotter~* - Warlock 10x/xx *
rodi~* - Biochemist 9x/xx Lif 99
Luxos. - Royal Guard 10x/xx

@bRO Odin:*.rOdŽIgO.* - High Priest 99/69 /quit
ro23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #387
Saraneth
Poring Egg

Have been playing RO for a few weeks now and have finally become an Assassin Cross.

I Do not really know what build I want to go but here is what I was thinking. I would like to do PvE/MVP and probably some WoE. I was silly and changed at job 45, so lost a few skill points there.

I was thinking RHO SD...

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4...S1cBqAbsrFeFwY

Base stats:
str 100
agi 100
vit 60
int 50
dex 80
luk 80

Any suggestions on how I could improve would be appreciated.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #388
Hurricane Hanna
Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro23 View Post

What do you want to do? GX Poisons are mostly PVP I think. Personally, I'm digging CI, Dark Illusion and Rolling Cutter for now, but thats all while leveling. My plan calls for full PVM skills, so no 4/5 ranks. I'm not sure if its worth it to go part of the way into a skill, but someone else can answer that.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #389
ro23
Poring

Class: Arch Bishop

[quote=Hurricane Hanna;1140804]
Quote:
What do you want to do? GX Poisons are mostly PVP I think. Personally, I'm digging CI, Dark Illusion and Rolling Cutter for now, but thats all while leveling. My plan calls for full PVM skills, so no 4/5 ranks. I'm not sure if its worth it to go part of the way into a skill, but someone else can answer that.
I want a GX poison, full woe/pvp.
Cami. - Rune Knight 13x/xx * Cami~ - Archbishop 10x/xx ME
rod~ - Shadow Chaser 11x/xx WoE
El Barto~ - Shadow Chaser 10x/xx PVM * darkpotter~* - Warlock 10x/xx *
rodi~* - Biochemist 9x/xx Lif 99
Luxos. - Royal Guard 10x/xx

@bRO Odin:*.rOdŽIgO.* - High Priest 99/69 /quit
ro23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #390
Hurricane Hanna
Drops

[quote=ro23;1140836]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Hanna View Post
Quote:
I want a GX poison, full woe/pvp.
K. So how are you going to get there? You should probably focus on PvE skills first so you can level effectively. Do you want to hit 150 before PvPing? cause you can always fire up a full on PvE build and then respec at 150... There's always just CTRL Clicking if you have the patience and gear for it. I've gotten to Job 20 around level 113, so that might help you plan a bit. Just keep in mind, the grind slows after 100... big time. If you aren't mobbing or grouping alot, expect things to take... a lot of time.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #391
-Infinite-
Baby Poring

Server: idRO F2P

Hi, I'm making a CI-crit hybrid GX, and I'm wondering if you guys can maybe give some feedback on my stat build:
STR 94+6
AGI 103+7
VIT 95+5
DEX 83+7
INT 14+4
LUK 60+0

How would this build fare in PVP? Is the STR enough to do some damage with CI? I'd like to know if the HIT is enough to hit other AGI GXes with CI or not. Should I stick to SD when dealing with AGI chars? I know that stats don't have to be in the multiples of 10 anymore, I just want them to look pretty, that's all lol. Still, I'd appreciate any kind of feedback.

As for equips:
Weapon: +4 Red TENS 2bloodyboned and MG 2bloody2boned/+4 Ice Pick or +4 Kill Infiltrator (assaulter card). Are these good enough for PVP? My server doesn't have the BG yet.
Acc: Rogue's Treasure + BSB combo/Rogue's Treasure + Cold Heart. Which set would be better for CI and critting in PVP?

Skills:
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/glx.html?10GXCKIfyasNbxaslasOkf1rFdxwY
1. Is hallucination walk worth getting?
2. Should I max weapon blocking?
3. Is it really necessary to have lvl 10 research poison? I only use oblivion curse/leech end most of the time, btw.
4. When I'm critting, would katar mastery affect my damage by a huge margin?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by -Infinite-; 08-28-2011 at 07:10 AM.
-Infinite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #392
Soul`
Marin

Server: iRO Retired

What are some good headgears to use on a Crit GX for WoE?
Mercury Riser I know is one, anything else? I was thinking +7 Little Feather Hat w/ a sharp arrow on.
Crazy Edge Mechanic [Vendor/Trader]

*When selling WPE I always ask for half-payment for my services upfront before providing WPE codes,
I never engage in code-first WPE trades. I can provide a long list of satisfied previous customers if need be.

Last edited by Soul`; 09-06-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Soul` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #393
weasel
hiatus atm

Guild: Impact
Class: Knight

EDP+New Poison Research = 90 sec right?
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:32 AM   #394
Frost
Trigger Happy

Server: tRO Retired

Each level in Poison Research adds 3 seconds to edp, so yes.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #395
asdfuogh
Stapo

Guild: Looking for one!
Class: Ranger

So, I'm working on making a pvm GX (maybe some battlegrounds/pvp here and there, and attempts at mvp). I'm basically planning to max out agi because I like GX because I like watching a lot of numbers fly off quickly, but I don't know how else to distribute my stats.

Some relevant gears I have so far:
-Ice Pick
-MainGauche w/ 4x HunterFly Card
-Bradium Brooch x2 (what to card these with?)
-Dragon Manteau + Dragon Vest Combo
-Demon Mask (but still waiting on Succubus/Incubus Horns)
-Shoes with Male Thief Bug Card

Anyway, my main questions are

1) How should I distribute my other stats?
2) What equipments can I replace/add to further my GX?
3) Is DD GX w/ Ice Pick + whatever better than a katar GX (critical, sidewinder, etc. whatever other variation of GX) for PVM?
asdfuogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #396
Hurricane Hanna
Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfuogh View Post
So, I'm working on making a pvm GX (maybe some battlegrounds/pvp here and there, and attempts at mvp). I'm basically planning to max out agi because I like GX because I like watching a lot of numbers fly off quickly, but I don't know how else to distribute my stats.

Some relevant gears I have so far:
-Ice Pick
-MainGauche w/ 4x HunterFly Card
-Bradium Brooch x2 (what to card these with?)
-Dragon Manteau + Dragon Vest Combo
-Demon Mask (but still waiting on Succubus/Incubus Horns)
-Shoes with Male Thief Bug Card

Anyway, my main questions are

1) How should I distribute my other stats?
2) What equipments can I replace/add to further my GX?
3) Is DD GX w/ Ice Pick + whatever better than a katar GX (critical, sidewinder, etc. whatever other variation of GX) for PVM?
- Ice Pick makes for an awesome leveling left hand for dual dagger spec.
- MG w/ HFx4 - can't say how much dmg you'd do, but you'll pot less.
- Accessories while leveling are about what works best for you. I chose Snowier Card + Clip to save on pots. I also spike my agi up sooner, so I have +STR accessories to help me carry stuff. Is it critical? meh. Choose what works best for what you are trying to do.
- Dragon gear - good for dragons. Will help in your 90s if you kick around petites or abyssal lake.
- Mask + horns - This or a merc riser works really well.
- shoes - again. you will upgrade to something worthwhile later. Pick what works best with what you have. Save your lower gear if you haven't transed yet, but look into neat trans only gear for your upgrades.

1. If you are going dual dagger, STR/AGI/DEX is a good rule of thumb until they are 99ish. Katar is the same, but you'll dial back the dex for luk. Past level 100 you are looking to either CTRL click (slow), Cross Impact (faster), mob with AOE skills. Mobbing usually needs vit more than agi, so thats a whole different build. Just remember, pumping into LUK gives you crits that can't miss, but using skills (that bypass crit) will miss without the proper hit.
2. If you want daggers and focus on double attack/skills, IP in left and carded scalpel in right works great. Card per your enemies. Element, size, all that. If you want Katars, Wild Beast Claw, Durga, Glorious are great. Other gear - you can invest in undershirt/panties combo early on and use that for a cheap leveling garb. I prefer Odin's Blessing, Fricco's Shoes and Falcon Muffler after 65. Its cheap and does what needs doing. Later on, diabolus(porc), nif(raydric), etc when you have money.
3. is a personal choice. Right now, I'm using a sidewinder carded wild beast claw and it does ok, though it depends alot on what I'm fighting. I'm starting to see a value in either double attack OR critting with Katars. Try things out. See how the stats strengthen you. Make informed decisions for yourself.

I started dual dagger w/ Cross Impact in mind, but I've since gone hybrid with my build and threw in a ton of luk after my str/agi/dex so I can maximize with Katars. I think scapel + IP seems to win out a lot of the time as long as its carded right. I need to try out a Krishna, thought without a dedicated soul linker, it'll probably not be TOO much better. We'll see.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #397
asdfuogh
Stapo

Hmm, as for cards, I'm not sure how it works anymore. Do the % cards affect the damage for both daggers? And does the ice pick % stack by adding or multiplying? Thanks for the very detailed reply. What made you change from dual daggers to hybrid?
Old 09-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #398
Hurricane Hanna
Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfuogh View Post
Hmm, as for cards, I'm not sure how it works anymore. Do the % cards affect the damage for both daggers? And does the ice pick % stack by adding or multiplying? Thanks for the very detailed reply. What made you change from dual daggers to hybrid?
What I meant by cards I meant +% against element or +% increase for size. Scalpel (3x Minorous) + IP works immensely better against Bradium Golems over just a basic Scalpel + IP. No-brainer stuff really. The IP effect carries to your mainhand in most circumstances.

Did Dagger + IP for a long time. It worked comparable or better than any subsitutions, even ones with higher attack or were more refined. I got my str/agi into the 90s and dex into the 70s, when I realized that Luk could raise my flee/hit/pd/atk up more and Katars had better size mods. I tried it out. I liked all the wonderful crits, but I still need a lot more moola to afford the rogue's treasures and higher level gear. I think I've regressed a bit back towards the Scapel/IP build when it comes to ctrl clicking Bradium Golems, but I'm torn whether I should have instead stack into vit and int to do more mobbing with Rolling Cutter. I'm pretty lazy, so I may just keep on with CTRL click and CI, but... damn... its phenomenally slow.

If I had to give you one bit of advice, its that you better damn well make sure you love this class and have very specific plans for 150, because its going to take serious dedication to get there. USE your advantages of specialized gear against your foes. EDP whenever its economically possible. Buffs, Bonuses, Turn-Ins and increased xp weeks are your friend.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #399
asdfuogh
Stapo

Ah see, I was wondering, if the % cards worked in that weird way where it only increases your weapon attack, is it worth it for the leveling if I'm a cheap/poor bastard? I mean, if the increase in damage is not that great.. I might just stick to using the combination I have right now, but I forgot that scalpels are the strongest 3s daggers now. It's been a while.. haha
Old 09-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #400
weasel
hiatus atm

Guild: Impact
Class: Knight

Spoiler Alert:

^
What level is ideal for bio2? Cause I need leveling spots when I turn in Odin with bmx3. Did they stun a lot?

And
Anyone can give opinion about BG Set for woe/pvp. Less HP and reduction compare to Glorious Set but 5% aspd, 3 agi, Crit +5. Is it worth it as I already have Glorious Set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenValkyrie_Open176.jpg
Views:	3481
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	4717  
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assassin, assassin advice, assassin cross, assassin cross advice, guillotine cross advice, gullotine cross, renewal