iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > General

General General Ragnarok discussion. For specific class questions please use the class sections below.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
dave_yenz
Marin

Server: idRO F2P
Class: High Wizard

Default Renewal Appropiate Leveling Spot Searching

Hello.. My server just have recieved renewal today.. and now I'm confused on how to search for a leveling spot.. What parameter should I used? Is it the map level, the monster level, or the 95% flee and 100% hit? Because I've tried to searched but my flee and hit is very low compared to the reqiured flee and hit for even with the -5 level difference monsters. So is it flee and hit still important thing to consider or is it more important the monster level? Could you please give me a clue where to leveling my Lord Knight level 98 with str and agi build? For equipment I have all elemental swords and good armor. (in pre renewal is good). Thanks before..
dave_yenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Blueness
Sharklets

Server: iRO Retired
Class: Arch Bishop

Default Re: Renewal Appropiate Leveling Spot Searching

Best way is so search for monsters 10-15 levels above you, but no more than 5 levels, or so, for best exp.

Hit/Flee wise, well, that's changed a lot with renewal so you may need a new build

breeg : if you ds fast enough it's kinda like having them exp tap shit for you

Doddler: I feel bad for anyone who came to classic RO actually wanting the classic experience.

Last edited by Blueness; 12-15-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: merp
Blueness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
Rutana
Marin

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: Morons United

Just take a look at the Level, I suggest.
For low characters, everything is fine up to 10 level above your own.
For higher Characters, monsters at your level and slightly lower should be fine as well, just for the pure mass you can kill fast.
Check http://rode-r.doddlercon.com/monster/all/ for the Monster levels, or take a look at the world map. There's a Poring at the lower left corner that shows the map level.
Just count your level +10, or simply your level

Another nice way to find a level spot (again, more for lower level characters) is the Eden Group / Paradise Group and their quests.

Knight-Chibis made by Wakaba ~ Marshmallow made by Belijaal
Rutana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
Neraid
This Suit Burns Better

Guild: Chaos Theory
Class: Minstrel

Monster level is the most important parameter, then required hit.

Another important parameter for mobbing (not shown in lists) is monster attack speed. This is because all monsters around the same level basically do the same damage per hit and give the same exp. High aspd monsters are way harder to mob.
Neraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
Golden Fingers
Arc Angeling

Guild: retired

Map monster density is the most important factor for anyone using aoe's, juperos is the best example even 10+ levels over its still the best place for my sorc.

Monster movement speed is also important for mobbing, its what helps make jup better than rachael sanc for a lot of people.

Last edited by Golden Fingers; 12-15-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Golden Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
Artimus
Magmaring

Server: iRO Loki
Guild: Killer Tomatoes
Class: High Priest

Send a message via MSN to Artimus Send a message via Steam to Artimus

I actually made this, and got a few people hooked on using it now. I made it for myself, because I was confused too.

http://www.healplz.com/exp

Put in your level, and the Blue monsters are the ones that give the best EXP. Green = average exp. Red = too high, yellow = too low.

LOTRO: [Player Profile]
RO: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
Steam: [TF2] [3FL] [L4D] [L4D2]
Artimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
Bronx
Deviling

Server: iRO Classic
Class: Blacksmith

From my experience with Renewal, I find I get faster exp from killing monsters 5-20 levels below me, instead of killing monster higher than me that give more exp per kill. This is due to the fact, as monsters get higher in levels, thier max hp also grows. Knockers, for example have 40k hp, but only give 5k exp each. I can easily kill 2-3 Anolians for 3.5k exp each, in the time it takes to kill that one knocker. If you mob, it becomes even faster. I find that killing lower level monsters with less hp is more efficient leveling than killing monsters in my range, with thier bloated max hp, and not that much higher exp reward. I'm a grinder and I prefer this type of leveling.
Bronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #8
dave_yenz
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
I actually made this, and got a few people hooked on using it now. I made it for myself, because I was confused too.

http://www.healplz.com/exp

Put in your level, and the Blue monsters are the ones that give the best EXP. Green = average exp. Red = too high, yellow = too low.
Thanks a lot.. this help a lot.. for all of you, thanks for sharing your experience in renewal.. i can not play kro so i'm quite a bit lost,
Old 12-15-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
Artimus
Magmaring

I agree with Bronx. Often its better to hit something in the green range, if you can kill them faster. (Actually I was going to implement an EXP per HP ratio to the page too)

Especially in the higher levels, 130-150, you often have no choice to level at lower areas. However, with 14.1 and the other new updates, we get the Scarab Dungeon and the Spider things, which are perfect leveling monsters for 130-150 and the maps are very very mobby.

You can see with the updates, that the kRO devs are a bit smarter. They can see that its a pain to get 130-150 so the new maps implement monsters in this range. Then they realized that 95-99 is a bit of a grind too because you are limited to what you can kill, so they added more monsters in this range too.

Its just a shame we don't have them yet... and have to suffer through the shit until we get the good stuff.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
dave_yenz
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutana View Post
Just take a look at the Level, I suggest.
For low characters, everything is fine up to 10 level above your own.
For higher Characters, monsters at your level and slightly lower should be fine as well, just for the pure mass you can kill fast.
Check http://rode-r.doddlercon.com/monster/all/ for the Monster levels, or take a look at the world map. There's a Poring at the lower left corner that shows the map level.
Just count your level +10, or simply your level

Another nice way to find a level spot (again, more for lower level characters) is the Eden Group / Paradise Group and their quests.
Sorry, for the low characters, you mean level 1 - 85 like the quest or even until 100++? the level cap is higher.. so the high and low level different too right? How about lvl 98? And I've read that anyone said that its easier to leveling in renewal, i mean its faster to go up a level even when we are 98 trans, is it right?

Quote:
I agree with Bronx. Often its better to hit something in the green range, if you can kill them faster. (Actually I was going to implement an EXP per HP ratio to the page too)

Especially in the higher levels, 130-150, you often have no choice to level at lower areas. However, with 14.1 and the other new updates, we get the Scarab Dungeon and the Spider things, which are perfect leveling monsters for 130-150 and the maps are very very mobby.

You can see with the updates, that the kRO devs are a bit smarter. They can see that its a pain to get 130-150 so the new maps implement monsters in this range. Then they realized that 95-99 is a bit of a grind too because you are limited to what you can kill, so they added more monsters in this range too.

Its just a shame we don't have them yet... and have to suffer through the shit until we get the good stuff.
Hello.. just want to confirm, where do you mean ? the spider thing? I understand that the 130 - 150 is the scarab hole.. but where is the 95 - 99 good place?
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
Artimus
Magmaring

The spider things are the Dolomedes that come with the same update as the scarabs and they are all 130. Then, all the Bifrost monsters are in the 140 range.

All of those octopus things and the new Byalan map are good areas for 95-99 and probably up to 120.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #12
Creusceux
Poporing

Class: Lord Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_yenz View Post
Sorry, for the low characters, you mean level 1 - 85 like the quest or even until 100++? the level cap is higher.. so the high and low level different too right? How about lvl 98? And I've read that anyone said that its easier to leveling in renewal, i mean its faster to go up a level even when we are 98 trans, is it right?
yes, its supposed to be faster than pre-renewal. But our server is still a mess. I wouldn't even consider levelling until they adjust EXP table with the new ones.
Creusceux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #13
Rutana
Marin

Guild: Morons United

Quote:
With lower Levels I meant really a level around 1-90. I just rebirthed the first character on iRO, so I can't say anything about 100+, but I always looked for monsters around 10 level higher, till it started to slow down around 85-90.
Afterwards I felt rather lost, Ice Cave was nice exp, but somewhat boring (Crit Sin), so I felt much more comfortable in Magma Dungeon with grimming and also had a lot of fun in the Clock Tower, mostly underground, where I searched for a wind katar.
These are fun spots below your level but with still nice exp ^^
And based on the 3rd Jobs I saw on places where I leveld with 80/90+, I think this rate of "better choose monsters who are killed easily in big amounts" continues.

Knight-Chibis made by Wakaba ~ Marshmallow made by Belijaal
Rutana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:06 AM   #14
Metternich
Poporing

Guild: Too nub to get invited

Quote:
The spider things are the Dolomedes that come with the same update as the scarabs and they are all 130. Then, all the Bifrost monsters are in the 140 range.

All of those octopus things and the new Byalan map are good areas for 95-99 and probably up to 120.
I guess I better start doing new world quest on ALL my chars....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdallr
Stay out of ranters if you don't like rants. I don't read them unless I want to laugh at someone going off the deep end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sera
That's why I come here and read your posts about the community.
Metternich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:22 AM   #15
dave_yenz
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creusceux View Post
Quote:
yes, its supposed to be faster than pre-renewal. But our server is still a mess. I wouldn't even consider levelling until they adjust EXP table with the new ones.
what? you mean that our server is still using the old EXP tables?

Editted:
Yeah, you are right... my Level 98 LK have 21 millions exp now.. and its 21%.. its really the old exp tables though.. OMG

Last edited by dave_yenz; 12-16-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #16
Inferno Nightblade
Horseshoe Guy

Server: iRO Retired
Class: Shadow Chaser

Send a message via MSN to Inferno Nightblade

Really depends.

If you're one-on-one or doing light mobbing, yeah - 10-15 levels higher than you. If you're doing mass mobbing, you'd probably be a bit better off going with monsters around your level.

Like, for example...my chaser can do Rachel Sanc - he's high enough to. However, since I'm such a spaz, it's often better for me to do Magma if I decide to solo, or Juperos. A level 9x player can do well at anolians...or harpies, if they mob a lot.

Captain of the Shirtless Squad: Making The Situation envious on iRO Yggdrasil since 10/7/10.
Inferno Nightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #17
dave_yenz
Marin

Quote:
Really depends.

If you're one-on-one or doing light mobbing, yeah - 10-15 levels higher than you. If you're doing mass mobbing, you'd probably be a bit better off going with monsters around your level.

Like, for example...my chaser can do Rachel Sanc - he's high enough to. However, since I'm such a spaz, it's often better for me to do Magma if I decide to solo, or Juperos. A level 9x player can do well at anolians...or harpies, if they mob a lot.
I'm one on one indeed.. I'm Agi Type so mobbing is difficult for me.. but the agi type now, its often to get hit >.<... and miss more too.. my dex is 50... Is it agi build is not a good choice now? Or I should invest more agi in it? btw, a bit out of topic, is it Rune Knight can now mount a Peco anymore?

Last edited by dave_yenz; 12-17-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #18
Nivawk
Metaling

Guild: Invision
Class: Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx View Post
From my experience with Renewal, I find I get faster exp from killing monsters 5-20 levels below me, instead of killing monster higher than me that give more exp per kill. This is due to the fact, as monsters get higher in levels, thier max hp also grows. Knockers, for example have 40k hp, but only give 5k exp each. I can easily kill 2-3 Anolians for 3.5k exp each, in the time it takes to kill that one knocker. If you mob, it becomes even faster. I find that killing lower level monsters with less hp is more efficient leveling than killing monsters in my range, with thier bloated max hp, and not that much higher exp reward. I'm a grinder and I prefer this type of leveling.
I agree. I'm hoping someone will make a list that's sortable by EXP to HP ratio. That's how I always found the best monsters before.

Edit: nvm, I didn't realize the iW database was updated with renewal stats. Assuming it's accurate I'll probably go back to using that since it's more searchable.

Last edited by Nivawk; 12-17-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Nivawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #19
dave_yenz
Marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivawk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx View Post
I agree. I'm hoping someone will make a list that's sortable by EXP to HP ratio. That's how I always found the best monsters before.

Edit: nvm, I didn't realize the iW database was updated with renewal stats. Assuming it's accurate I'll probably go back to using that since it's more searchable.
I think for searching with iW database is still good.. The monster stat is renewal stat.. when you search it gives the renewal stat.. But, the flee, hit search is not working right.. I think it used the old one for the flee and hit. But for HP, exp, level, etc is using renewal stat. You can combine it with the site from doddler too. It more detail with monster.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #20
Soul Link
Deviling

Class: Soul Linker

Quote:
btw, a bit out of topic, Rune Knight cannot mount a Peco anymore?
no they can't. You really never read the Renewal section, I assume? It's been like that since Renewal first implemented on kRO

and the exp on our server is fixed now, in case you don't know.