iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > General

General General Ragnarok discussion. For specific class questions please use the class sections below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
Swissbit
Poring

Class: Wizard

Default Quest Help for Second Beta 13-17 Juli 2011

I don't know what to do in some quests and decided to make a thread for it.

Post your questions here. Hopefully some other testers have the answers to them.

I got stuck in those three quests in Prontera:

Sorry for the bad quality.

Anyone knows what to do there?

e/Just kill Poporings for "Hunt Prontera" until you find a crate.

Last edited by Swissbit; 07-16-2011 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #2
Marylain
Marin

Class: Assassin

Default Re: Quest Help for Second Beta 13-17 Juli 2011

Who gave you the first and the last quest?
Old 07-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
Swissbit
Poring

The first one gave me the master alchemist in Prontera.
The last one i received right in front of Prontera from a guard (the map with the lifted bridge).

Do you know what to do in the second one?
Old 07-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Lierre
Poring

Server: iRO Retired
Guild: Cry more bro
Class: Rune Knight

If you're looking to do a quest, try clicking on it until it turns green, then enlarge your mini-map. If it involves having to hunt a certain type of monster, you should see little red dots telling you where the monsters are on the map, if you're on the correct map. I feel like the "Prontera" one had to do with killing the giant Poporing with the pipe in its mouth, but I'm not 100% sure...

As for the second quest with getting 5 of each certain thing, I'm stuck on that one, too.

(Also, does anyone know where Banila is? X_x I've been trying to find her since, like...level 5, and I'm level 18 now. D: )
Old 07-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
parts
Drops

Default Probably too late now but

The top quest is asking you to craft three different kinds of potions that one can only learn to make at level 14 and up (I think) in the alchemist profession. It has a job requirement of 11, but.. honestly, who keeps their job and profession at the SAME level? Of course your profession level is going to lag behind a huge deal since 95% of the quests are geared towards job not profession.

I accept that same quest at 18:10
... but seriously, it even took me HOURS to realize how to obtain those items, because I hadn't been leveling my alchemist side at all. In the end, even though I spent a good hour only leveling up my alchemist side (massively forging potions, farming like crazy) I didn't get to finish that quest (beta ended before I could finish).

It would had been a sweet quest to finish though, since it enables the Guardian Hohenheim & probably those skills I couldn't use in my skill window, such as acid throw / potion bomb.

The one below it is another collecting quest, asking for:
5 Leftover Ointment
5 Thick Scarfs
5 Ripped Necktie

I'm going to guess this was the Brownie (not sure about mob's name, actually) quest. The monsters that drop these items hang out at the bottom of the Bouquet Village map (north of Prontera).

The last quest (second picture) is a quest you get from the guard at the top of the map south of Prontera. He has fallen asleep and the poporings took his clothes, so you have to go get:

1. Prontera Patrol Uniform (poporing random drop)

There's a second part to this quest where you have to go beat up 8 Thug Poporings (poporings with scars) and 8 Rapper Poporings (have red hats) because they are so noisy that they are keeping him awake.

Last edited by parts; 07-27-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
Swissbit
Poring

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will get enough time in the near future to test that...

@Lierre: Yeah, I did know about that. But there was some strange bug. The red dots were only visible in the mini-map in the upper right corner. When opening the Map in a separat window, it wasn't showing the red dots at all...
Old 07-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
parts
Drops

agh I finally got the video processed.
But yeah, that Hohenheim quest was really ... out of nowhere.
oO even though I'm bilingual in Korean I still struggled to understand how to complete it, since the quest was very unspecific as to how to complete it. Then again, since I was paying no attention to the alchemist part of the character ...

I guess if I had been forging potions and farming like a maniac (or had slowed down and looked at what kind of potion recipes were offered for sale from the High Alchemist NPC in the first place) I would've understood what it wanted. orz

Ah well. Maybe next time

Last edited by parts; 07-27-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
TJM
Poporing

Class: Shadow Chaser

Thanks for your videos.
Closed Thread