iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > Renewal Class Discussion

Renewal Class Discussion Everything about Renewal Classes in here!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Lazuli
Baby Poring

Default Warg/Arrow Build

What I'm looking to get out of my build is High Attack Speed along with a good release rate with my Warg. And as high damage as possible.

What would you guys say is a preferable stat build to get the most out of each area?

Skills:
My final skill build for now looks like this

Archer:
Owl's Eye 10
Vulture's Eye 10
Improve Concentration 10
Double Strafe 10
Arrow Shower 9

Sniper:
Falcon Eyes 10
Beast Bane 1
Falcon Mastery 1
Blitz Beat 5
Steel Crow 10
Falcon Assault 5
Wind Walker 10
Focused Arrow Strike 5
Detect 4
Spring Trap 5

Skid Trap 1
Ankle Snare 5
Landmine 1
Remove Trap 1
Shockwave Trap 5

Ranger:
Aimed Bolt 5
Arrow Storm 10
Ranger Main 1
Camouflage 5
Fear Breeze 5

Warg Mastery 1
Warg Teeth 10
Warg Strike 5
Warg Ride 3

Electric Shock 4

Last edited by Lazuli; 08-18-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Update Skill Tree
Lazuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Lucentos
Ghostring

Server: ruRO Retired
Class: Arch Bishop

Default Re: Warg/Arrow Build

Maybe WBite to use ABolt at full strenght, when you will be in the party.
Lucentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
Iseal
Poporing

Server: iRO Chaos
Class: Gunslinger

Max Warg Teeth, the patch will make it give a ton of ATK (+600 I think?). Warg Bite will also be dependant on it. I'd say drop the Trap Research if you're only getting it for SP. Just use SP items if you really need SP that bad. Hell, I have 30 INT and I never run out unless I DS spam. Maybe get Fear Breeze, it'll be good after patch. May want to pick up Warg Rider for the tele-Warg Strike and fast move speed. I'd suggest getting Shockwave Trap 5 so you have the option of getting Electric Shocker. You could use it to set up Camo+Arrow Storm mobbing solo with the AoE snaring. Personally, I wouldn't get Aimed Bolt 10 with an ASPD build, you'll do better just ctrl+clicking them and auto-warging.
Iseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
Lazuli
Baby Poring

Hm, taking your advice into mind I've tweaked my skill tree to something I like

Now the question is...stats

My guess would be for the main stats: Dex, Agi, Luk With a touch of Int and Vit

Though how much of each would be good?

And what's the formula for procing auto strikes?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Iseal
Poporing

The 120 AGI, 90 DEX/LUK build is a good place to start. 30 or so base INT lets me run around with self-buffs on constantly, and I can use Bite if I need to.

Pretty sure Auto-Warg was the same as Auto-Blitz. Was it 3 LUK for 1%?

Last edited by Iseal; 08-18-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
uome
Stapo

Class: Champion

120 agi takes up too many stat points. you will want to get vit in there too...i do fine on self buffs with 1 base int.
uome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
Iseal
Poporing

120 AGI lets you get 193 ASPD, which makes Auto-Warg really deadly. I got the INT cuz I'm too poor for SP items, you can go without it if you want.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Lazuli
Baby Poring

Hmm, I've got

4 Str, 120 Agi, 30 Vit
33 Int, 103 Dex, 100 Luk

*Str* input for leftover points
Old 08-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
Iseal
Poporing

You don't need that much DEX for an Auto-Warg build, and you shouldn't be going over 100 in the first place. Let's see, from the Ranger Build thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogon View Post
You don't need 100 dex... 90 is enough. You can even go as low as 80. The difference between 90 dex and 100 dex using any of the 160 atk bows is 10 status attack and 16 weapon attack (36 atk total). Getting high dex on a Ctrl+click Ranger isn't worth it I prefer to get some vit instead of that.
Get 50-60 VIT so you don't stun from everything in WoE (if you're going there) and for the larger HP cap.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
Trym
Drops

Class: Shadow Chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseal View Post
You don't need that much DEX for an Auto-Warg build, and you shouldn't be going over 100 in the first place. Let's see, from the Ranger Build thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogon View Post
You don't need 100 dex... 90 is enough. You can even go as low as 80. The difference between 90 dex and 100 dex using any of the 160 atk bows is 10 status attack and 16 weapon attack (36 atk total). Getting high dex on a Ctrl+click Ranger isn't worth it I prefer to get some vit instead of that.
Get 50-60 VIT so you don't stun from everything in WoE (if you're going there) and for the larger HP cap.
is that a total of 80 dex or based dex?
Trym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #11
Lieren
Stapo

Guild: Animosity
Class: Ranger

Avoid str, unless for leftover i guess. Drop the int, seriously don't need sp on that build, u only need to do your self buffs. Also, do you plan to woe with it? If yes get at least 60 vit, if no, less vit should be fine. Some people might complain about this but it's easy to deal with the squishyness. You can rely on gears or just sk...When you put luk, make it in increments of 18 for an ancient mimic armor if you want to go that route. 90 dex is actually enough, the difference between 90-120 is neglible... although consider that dex also adds a lil bit to aspd
Lieren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
Legatto
Poring Egg

Class: Rune Knight

My gf has a similar build for her ranger and I was hoping you could help me with equips. I'm not too familiar with Rangers and I've been trying to help her out. She kills well enough but doesn't know a great many of the subtle nuances of the game. Right now she is wearing panty and undershirt combo with a kavach icarus and porcellio card, as well as her ranger goggles. Are there any other equips that would be better at this stage? She is lvl 100/8 and I have been eyeing the valkyrian manteau for her but not sure if the loss of flee and agi would be worth it or not. And then if I did that, what would I replace the panty with? To further compound my frustration I have no idea what card to put in her goggles.

Basically, could you give me some good solid advice for gear for a bow/warg ranger? I have around 300 mil to spare right now. If I strike it rich I'll buy her a +9 ride hat but for now assume she is using the goggles.
Legatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
Cherrie
Poporing

Server: jRO Other
Guild: Memoria~
Class: Stalker

Dragon Manteau + Dragon Vest looks good
Skin of Ventus + Sniping Suit works well too.

I think googles are ok, some people use Incubus + Demon Mask combo but I think Goggles work fine if youre on a budget.

for Shoes, youd either go with Green Black Leather Boots or +9 Dull Black Leather Boots or Variants.

Acessories probably Bradium or Linen Gloves. MoH is fine also, its really preference but Id say if you can hit 187-190 with a mix of those gears, you're good. You can hit 192-193 with Food buffs and all agi gears otherwise, but I think I read somewhere DPS is better with a mix gear rathan than an all agi 193 ASPD gear or something

in the future you'd want to aim for something like

Head: Sniper Goggles, +9 RWH, +7 Little Feather Hat?
Armor: Sniping Suit, Bryn?, Dragon Vest
Bow: +12 Elven Bow, +12 OAB, +12 KVM Bow (though PvM wise Elven bow is still better on Demis)
Garment: Dragon Mant, Nyd Garb, Skin of Vent, Asprika
Shoes: +9 Dull BLB, Variants, Sleps
Acc: Linen Gloves, MoH, Bradium, Glorious Ring, Bris

Next patch we also get 2 Set Gears so can also look into that

iRO Sakray/Iris - Ex Leader of The Edo Shogunate

Last edited by Cherrie; 09-29-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Cherrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #14
Lieren
Stapo

Cherrie pretty much summed up all the available equips right now that are good but getting all of those would go past 300m (+9 Dull BLB alone would eat most of that 300m). If she is going to level solo, I highly suggest +9 Rideword and a high damage bow with at least 2x malicious bow to reduce dying and pots. In my experience, the amount of time and pots/zeny saved on versus the cost of +9 Rideword/Malicious is totally worth it. If she's going to be slaved, I suggest just going for as much aspd or as much warg strike damage.

This sounds costly but foods can also really help achieve a target stat which would help switch around gears to either max out aspd or optimize damage or increase surivability.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:24 PM   #15
Legatto
Poring Egg

Well thanks for the advice on all the gears to get, but what about the cards to put in those gears?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #16
Cherrie
Poporing

I gave him options, I doubt anything on that list non future items will go over 300m total.

Green BLBs cost almost nothing
Dragon Set isnt going to cost a fortune either
Think Skin of Vent and Sniper Suits dropped quite a bit

I do agree on +( RWH As priority but for bow you probably can go away with OAB or Elvens. If you're on a budget ingame, are you on a budget RL also? You can try and buy a non upg OAB or Elvens and get it to +7-12 yourself to save the money in game. Probably the same with BLBs but I dont know your situation in RL so won't make that assumption.

Unless you were looking at the future list part with the God Items cause that is well "future" quoted for a reason. (aka when they have enough money in a yr or two)

Cards dependent on the gear you acquire. Usually

Head: Carat, Arta, I think Beholder Master was Head in future?
Mid: ^, Future: AA (77 - 90 LUK, 108 LUK?)
Armor: Porcello, Elemental, The TT Monster Card that gives Agi or Luk depending on the other stat per 18 base. (Future: Get a set of different Snipe Elements, Bryn)
Wep: Archer Skel, Hunter Fly
Garment: Baph Jr, Whisper, dependent of Flee but Noxious, Immune, Future: Asprika
Boots: Green, Odium of Thana @ +9 Shoes over. Variants.
Acc: Kukre, Smokie and Kafra Blossom for PVP/WoE or use Medal of Honor, Glorious Ring.

Last edited by Cherrie; 09-30-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
Legatto
Poring Egg

Very good advice, thank you all very much. Only a few more questions.

As far as valkyrian shoes vs. BLB goes... assuming I had the means to get +9 BLB then which would be better: the added agi of the BLB or the hp/sp of the valk?

Then also assuming I have enough for both sets, instead of saying they are both doable, which would YOU use - The dragon set or skin and sniping suit? If the skin is used, wouldn't it be better to use a kavach icarus card since the def is crappy anyways?

I'm leaning toward the skin/sniping suit because of the added crit. And crits are sexy.

Is this a "choose whichever fits her play-style better?" type question? Cause if so I'm boned

Either way time to save for +9 ride hat.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #18
Cherrie
Poporing

Sorry mate but it is choose which style.

Snipe Suit + Skin is Flee and Crit
Dragon Combo is ASPD and Flee

if you want to see Red Bubbles pop out moderately fast (185-188), snipe set
if you want to see Average Crits and more #s faster, (186-189) Dragon Combo

you dont need val shoes, you either get Variants or BLB in that case. If you're on a budget, I would still get +4 Green BLB to have the +Agi, +HP

I don't even know what a Kavach Icarus Card is.
I currently hit 188 ASPD with a Bryn, Asprika and Variants. (120 Base Agi)

Last edited by Cherrie; 09-30-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #19
Iseal
Poporing

I thought Beholder Master was a weapon card? It's the one that gives +2 ASPD at +14 right?
Old 09-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #20
Lieren
Stapo

@Cherrie - i was thinking of +9 Dull BLB, Demon+Incubus horn, Bradium Brooches, etc... in Ymir at the moment they're around that cost...

@Legatto - imho don't think really need carat as this build seriously doesn't need sp... at the moment all i can think of is nightmare (i know just 1 agi...), for the future, i'd save for the phylla and the 2 headgear cards that add +10 atk, AA is cool for the hp bonus and regen too

for armor - pick venatu if u have hi agi and want more luk, and ancient mimic if u want it vice versa

if you like sexy crits , try the +7 feather hat, it's nice, i just don't wear it as often as i prefer more autowarg over the crit but yes 2k crits at 188 aspd is kinda sexy

best advice i think right now, is to ask her how she wants it to turn out, then just take the suggestions that leans towards her inclination