iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > Homunculus and AI

Homunculus and AI Discuss all homunculus and AI related topics here.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #1
Dr. Azzy
Stapo

Server: iRO Chaos
Guild: Sentinel
Class: Biochemist

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Azzy Send a message via MSN to Dr. Azzy
Default AzzyAI 1.41 new 4/8

This version is old. Recommend all users to update to latest 1.50, as it is now stable enough for general use, see : WPF Thread on AzzyAI 1.50

Download 1.41 here: http://drazzy.com/ai/v140/AzzyAI 1.41.zip

1.41 fixes critical issues with mercenary AoE skills

For more information on installation and faq: http://drazzy.com/ai/faq.html

Using OnInit() to handle multiple homuns (in all cases, add this to H_Extra.lua)

Option 1: you have 1 homun per account:
Get account id(s) off ropd, and plug it in something like this:
In this example, the genetic on account 1 has a homun that used to be a filir, the one on account 2 has a homun that used to be a lif.

Code:
function OnInit()
     local owner=GetV(V_OWNER,MyID)
     if owner==account-id-1 then
          OldHomunType=FILIR
     elseif owner==account-id-2 then
          OldHomunType=LIF
     end
end
Option 2: we can identify the homuns by their types, for example, we have a lif -> Eira and an Amistr -> Bayeri

Code:
function OnInit()
     local htype=GetV(V_HOMUNTYPE,MyID)
     if htype==EIRA then
          OldHomunType=LIF
     elseif htype==BAYERI then
          OldHomunType=AMISTR
     end
end
You can even use different config or tactics files using require:

Code:
function OnInit()
     local htype=GetV(V_HOMUNTYPE,MyID)
     if htype==EIRA then
          OldHomunType=LIF
          require "./AI/USER_AI/EIRA_Tactics.lua"
     elseif htype==BAYERI then
          OldHomunType=AMISTR
          require "./AI/USER_AI/BAY_Tactics.lua"
     end
end
Recent changes:
* Fixed critical issue with mercenary AoE skills introduced by 1.40 dev 19
* Fixed issue with UseSmartAOE when used with FAS which can cause the mercenary to incorrectly select targets with FAS when handling targets to the northwest or southeast of the mercenary.
* The area of Brandish Spear is calculated incorrectly for comparison to UseAutoMobCount. This will be fixed in 1.50 as the framework planned for this is not ready.
* Corrected improper use of FAS when there were not enough monsters on screen.
* Corrected issue with FAS target counting of monsters in the four cardinal directions being 2 cells narrower in the vertical direction (this meant that the area it was counting for east/west direction was only 1 cell wide).
* Corrected issue with FAS target counting of monsters in the diagonal directions always counting zero monsters.
* Corrected issue with mercenaries failing to correctly use debuff skills
* Corrected AutoMobCount to 2 in default mercenary settings.

1.40 Final
* Padded skill delays to reduce the liklihood of the AI trying to recast skills before the cooldown is up due to lag, flywings, etc. This is 5 seconds for bloodlust, 1-1.5 for flitting/accel flight - so you can still make it bug by winging around alot - or of course if you log out or manually cast the skill - but this should help significantly
* Padded lava slide and a few other skills with a short delay, because my tests indicate that they seem to have one, and we were trying to cast other skills during that delay and failing.
* AI will not let you cast SBR 44 manually, unless you set AllowSBR44=1 in H_Extra. Misclick insurance. Unfortunately, I can't do the same for self destruct.
* A few internal fixes backported from 1.50.

1.40 dev 23 - release candidate
* Fixed MobSkillFixedLevel option
* RESCUE_ALL will now rescue if the target is friend or owner, but not if target is self. This makes a lot more sense.
* Fixed issue with failing to use autobuffs on homunculi with more than one buff with a non-zero cast time and delay, due to failure to check delay status.
* Corrected default H_Tactics to use basic tactic ATTACK_M instead of REACT_M, an error introduced by poor source control in dev 21 and 22.
* Improved logging around autobuff and healing skills.
* Added function to improve human readability of skill-usage logging in future updates.

1.40 dev 22 - release candidate
* Fixed issue with Chaotic Blessings and Healing Hands not correctly using cooldown.
* Fixed issue in which UseAutoSkill_MinSP would be ignored if Berserk_IgnoreMinSP (defaults to 1) was enabled, even when the AI wasn't in berserk mode.
* Cleaned up SP checking, much easier to read and work on now
* Cleaned up attack state logging.
* New option for homuns: MobSkillFixedLevel - if set to 1, always use the level set via (homuntype)(skill)Level option (ex, DieterLavaSlideLevel)) for antimob skills, ignoring tactics stating otherwise. Defaults to 1. I've been seeing lots of people using lvl 1~4 of lava slide in OD2, and i'm pretty sure it's because they wanted to use lvl 1~4 of the bolt skills, but level 5 of lava slide.
* Fixed issue with commanding homunculus to use skills not behaving as expected.
* Fixed issue with UseSkillOnly mode not correctly using attack ranges
* Fixed issue with Sera skill Poison Mist not properly using cooldown
* Fixed major issue with incorrectly estimating casting times.
* Fixed issue with incorrectly calculating cooldown options
* Improved logging around skill cooldowns.
* Added cooldown on Lava Slide ("what? you didn't have one already?" you say? See last point).
* RESCUE_ALL will now rescue if the target is friend or owner, but not if target is self. This makes a lot more sense.

1.40 dev 21
* Fixed tanking mode
* Fixed issue with sniping in unusual circumstances
* Fixed minor issue with chase state after dropping a target after someone else attacked it.

1.40 dev 20 - release candidate
* Fixed issue with Dieter selfbuff skills
* Added OnInit() call, for players to handle multiple homun AI configurations.
* Added protection for file conflict issue when using multiple homuns at once - will now fail gracefully.
* AoE skill count no longer counts killsteals as targets when deciding whether to cast an AoE
* Sonic claw delay is back, because the GMs added a short delay on it
* Added UseSmartBulwark option.

1.40 dev 19
* Sonic claw will be spammed faster now
* Fixed issue with movement destination selection. This will fix issue with choosing non-optimal cells to move to, and prevent a hang possible under unusual conditions.
* Corrected issue with monster counting function.
* Corrected anti-mob skills to count the monsters within the AoE instead of the monsters currently near the homun.
* Fixed timing for Sera's Poison Mist skill
* Internal stability improvements
* Added improved tracing for issue with failure to call AI()
* Improved reporting of serious error conditions. Please delete all AAI*.log files in your RO folder.
* Improved reporting of time in AAIStartH/AAIStartM files.

1.40 dev 18
* Disabled dance attack near edges of screen to prevent an obstacle-slide effect from pushing the homun off screen

1.40 dev 17
* Corrected bloodlust support
* Improved behavior when chasing moving targets - if you're faster, you'll catch it now.
* Fixed issue with loop at edges of screen

1.40 dev 16
* Corrected issue with improper default values contributing to improperly dropped targets.
* Improved system for chasing blocked targets.
* Improved catches for rescue loops.
* Possible improvement in dance attack
* Improved logging around chasing and movement.

1.40 dev 15
* Independent cooldown timers for Moonlight, Caprice, Chaotic Blessing, and Healing Hands. I have not tested this with a homun with more than 1 attack skill since I don't have any yet, so try it out and see if it works.
* Added improved logging to try to nail down a freeze bug.
* Support Bloodlust Autocast

1.40 dev 14
* Fixed critical issue that lead to homun running off screen.
* Fixed issue where fix for archers introduced with dev 7 was not applied when homun HP was above AggroHP
* Minor responsiveness tweaks.
* Fixed more improper tail calls.
* Fixed a number of cases where responsiveness measures were being used improperly, forcing me to use more conservative settings for the responsiveness measures. This has been corrected. (this will be tested with more aggressive settings, and these will be included in the next version if they do not adversely effect stability).
* Fixed issue with improperly dropped targets
* Fixed issue with follow state in strongly adverse conditions.
* Fixed issue with spurious warnings in AAI_Warning.log - changes introduced in dev 9 had led to warnings being produced under normal circumstance.

1.40 dev 13
* Fixed issue with moving long distances.
* Improved chasing behavior, should fix the wobble.
* Improved boundary detection while chasing.
* Fixed issue with SP being counted incorrectly when using skill levels other than max level
* Fixed issue a distance function in AzzyUtil.lua (no reported issues in the field).
* Fixed issue with occasional target dropping while closing to melee range.
* Fixed numerous serious bugs with skill while chasing.

1.40 dev 12
* Fixed critical issue with sniping tactic.

1.40 dev 11
* Fixed issue with provoke state.
* Fixed issue with provoke skill info.
* Fixed issue with AI mistaking sacrifice for provoke
* Three above issues combined to cause crashes on homuns with sacrifice when autoprovoke was enabled.

1.40 Dev 10
* Fixed issue where we attempted to use math.huge which isn't implemented in lua 5.0.2
* Fixed issue where chase state tried to move to a target one last time after dropping it's old target.
* Fixed line 667 error, which was caused by the combination of the two above bugs.
* Corrected error where stationary aggrodist and movebound would be used if the owner was moving only in the north-south direction.
* Improved logging for the closest cell calculations, because they're brittle and cause a lot of problems.
* Corrected issue with ranged mercenaries moving 1 cell closer than they need to when approaching targets from the west and south.
And more...

Last edited by Dr. Azzy; 11-19-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Dr. Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Cubical
Ghostring

Class: Royal Guard

Default Re: AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 16 release

thank you for the blood lust support! I'll post if i find anything buggy with the update.

few things;

This maintenance the GMs reactivated the AOE skills. So we should be able to use them without crashing anything.

how did you set up blood lust to auto cast? Mine wasn't using it when she had 120 sp.

Last edited by Cubical; 03-07-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Cubical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
L a h e e n
3kf

Are the Homon AoE skills good?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Cubical
Ghostring

i heard Eira's AOEs are kinda sucky. But Dieters/Bayeris/Seras were decent.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
Dr. Azzy
Stapo

God I want WPF back.

Oops.

Bloodlust is broken this patch, accidentally reverted to the dev 14 version of GetQuickenSkill(), uncomment lines 1355-1357 in AzzyUtil.lua to fix that.

Cubicle - it's working for me on sak after uncommenting those line - is it a homun S? If so have you set OldHomunType correctly?

I've made a few improvements. Updated top post to point to Dev 17
And more...

Last edited by Dr. Azzy; 03-08-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
repliaced
Drops

Class: Genetic

Default Re: AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 17 release

I never realized how dead irowiki forums were compared to WPF till yesterday/today. So much harder to troll when nobody actively uses the on-topic forums.

Azzy, do you know what homun S has the best DPS aoe? The GM's really need to give us more of a chance to test the homun S on sak.

Last edited by repliaced; 03-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.
repliaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
Cubical
Ghostring

it still isnt working for me even after the latest patch

where do i change the oldhomtype?

the changes to the chase behavior its like night and day, she does a much better job of reaching and striking the target instead of her usual 'skipping' after it

Last edited by Cubical; 03-08-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #8
repliaced
Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post

where do i change the oldhomtype?

the changes to the chase behavior its like night and day, she does a much better job of reaching and striking the target instead of her usual 'skipping' after it
I agree, whatever you did to improve their behavior, thumbs up! My sera has become a beast at OD2. Her exp/hr actually improved about 1-2% and that's a nice boost at 111.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
Cubical
Ghostring

yea the exp gain per hour is much better. Its amazing what little tweaks can do to make the homunculis find, chase and hit it better
Old 03-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
repliaced
Drops

Quote:
yea the exp gain per hour is much better. Its amazing what little tweaks can do to make the homunculis find, chase and hit it better
especially with all the zenorcs running around with their looting ADHD.
My sera was lucky to catch 1 out of 10 zenorcs before I updated. Now she catches 8-9/10.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #11
Cubical
Ghostring

Yea same here. But since i have a Eleanor i tweaked her Sonic Claw to be used with lv1 on Zenorc/Skels. So once shes in range she'll 1 shot it and move onto the next target.

Since i hit 100 on her, she was getting 50% exp per day. 75% on good days. I installed the new AI this morning around 9am and its 1:26pm. At 9am she had 51% now she has 88% By 11pm tonight she should be 50% into the next level at this rate.

Fyi to those of you not using a vanlimirth homunculi, try not using dance attack if your homunculus S has a decent 1v1 attack. Dance Attack never really allows the homunculus to regain sp. If they attack normally, they will stand in place an regain sp at their normal rate. So if you do the math, my Eleanor was a Amistr and she doesnt have the best sp regain. However, with Sonic Claw lv1 on her main target Zenorc/ Orc Skeleton and Lv4 on Orc Archer. In most cases by the time she finished one zenorc or orc skeleton through melee hits she often comes away between 30~40 sp. Good enough to 1 shot 2 more mosnter.

I find this tactic im using very useful, because if you consider the 99% hit rate, she will miss sometimes. So she'll end up using more sp to kill one monster in the case she misses she gets 2 tries to hit it.

Last edited by Cubical; 03-08-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
Dr. Azzy
Stapo

Quote:

where do i change the oldhomtype?it
It's in H_Extra.lua - you may need to hand edit it, some people report that the GUI isn't saving changes correctly.
And more...
Old 03-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #13
repliaced
Drops

Quote:
Yea same here. But since i have a Eleanor i tweaked her Sonic Claw to be used with lv1 on Zenorc/Skels. So once shes in range she'll 1 shot it and move onto the next target.

Since i hit 100 on her, she was getting 50% exp per day. 75% on good days. I installed the new AI this morning around 9am and its 1:26pm. At 9am she had 51% now she has 88% By 11pm tonight she should be 50% into the next level at this rate.

Fyi to those of you not using a vanlimirth homunculi, try not using dance attack if your homunculus S has a decent 1v1 attack. Dance Attack never really allows the homunculus to regain sp. If they attack normally, they will stand in place an regain sp at their normal rate. So if you do the math, my Eleanor was a Amistr and she doesnt have the best sp regain. However, with Sonic Claw lv1 on her main target Zenorc/ Orc Skeleton and Lv4 on Orc Archer. In most cases by the time she finished one zenorc or orc skeleton through melee hits she often comes away between 30~40 sp. Good enough to 1 shot 2 more mosnter.

I find this tactic im using very useful, because if you consider the 99% hit rate, she will miss sometimes. So she'll end up using more sp to kill one monster in the case she misses she gets 2 tries to hit it.
I turned off my dance attack foreverrr ago. Having almost 1.7k sp and nice sp recovery is sexy. I wish I could lower my sera's needle of paralyze to level 1 for less sp usage, (level 1 can still 1 shot orc archers) but sadly level 1 has a higher fixed cast time and thus a longer cast time... needle of paralyze level 5 goes off in half the time of level 1 ... which results in the cast rarely being interrupted when killing an orc archer since she can't 95% flee them yet.

On a side note; If your Eleanor is loyal, consider afking her while you sleep/work. I passed out yesterday and slept for like 15 hours (best sleep of my lifeeee) woke up and my sera had gone from 110 at 30% to 110 at 98.9%. Afking your homun while you sleep literally doubles their leveling speed (: I generally afk her every every night, as long as I get them back to loyal before the next afk session. I really just leave my sera afk 24/7 XD I just make sure to feed her every hour while I'm at home. (I always feed her till I hit the intimacy gain limit at 75+) Unless you forget about your homun for a few days there is really no chance of them running away. I've yet to drop more than a few feeds below cordial even from afking her for 15 hours. Worst case, some BB's OD2 and you die. Any decently leveled Genetic with afk gears shouldn't die more than once a week in OD2 so death from the normal mobs shouldn't happen.

I just grabbed some stuff sitting in my storage and can go days without death on my gene.
Main things I use for afking are um...

Defolty Doll Hat (level 10 angelus)
Fortune Sword (+20 perfect dodge)
Round Buckler of Comfort (Muscipular Card; chance of lvl 1 heal and lvl 1 agi up when receiving short range physical dmg)

There are some other afk gears that would help, but I don't feel like buying them since I don't really die as it is.

Last edited by repliaced; 03-08-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #14
Cubical
Ghostring

Quote:
-- HOMUN S STUFF THAT DOESN'T HAVE GUI OPTIONS YET:

--WE CAN DETECT IF IT'S A VANI - still working on ways for the other ones.
--Only change this if yours was a lif or amistr
--OldHomunType=LIF
OldHomunType=FILIR
--OldHomunType=AMISTR
changing the above to:

Quote:
--OldHomunType=AMISTR
gave me an error, reverting

what exactly do i need to edit in these lines? I do have AutoQuicken enabled, and for clarification, the sprite or 'type' or amistr she was before was Amistr_2 i think thats the name for the hippo amistr.

Last edited by Cubical; 03-08-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
Dr. Azzy
Stapo

Quote:
Quote:
-- HOMUN S STUFF THAT DOESN'T HAVE GUI OPTIONS YET:

--WE CAN DETECT IF IT'S A VANI - still working on ways for the other ones.
--Only change this if yours was a lif or amistr
--OldHomunType=LIF
OldHomunType=FILIR
--OldHomunType=AMISTR
changing the above to:

Quote:
--OldHomunType=AMISTR
gave me an error, reverting
You want to change it to:
--OldHomunType=LIF
--OldHomunType=FILIR
OldHomunType=AMISTR

If you get rid of everything except the commented out amistr line, and leave it commented out, OldHomunType will be undefined and things will probably error.
And more...

Last edited by Dr. Azzy; 03-08-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
Cubical
Ghostring

changed it no errors

let me bwing and let her regain sp

it worked! I gotta shut off Bulwark though

the AI is giving me an error if i try to disable it, Bulwark by using 0. I'm trying to change it in the GUI window.

Last edited by Cubical; 03-08-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #17
Dr. Azzy
Stapo

Quote:
changed it no errors

let me bwing and let her regain sp

it worked! I gotta shut off Bulwark though

the AI is giving me an error if i try to disable it, Bulwark by using 0. I'm trying to change it in the GUI window.

You need to set UseAutoGuard to 0

Setting AmiBulwarkLevel to 0 will cause that error, because you're still telling it to use the skill, but at level 0, and it errors when it tries to look up how much SP level 0 ami bulwark uses. This is a GUI bug, though I can put in better protection for this case in future versions; 0 is not a valid value for that option, and it shouldn't let you put that in - only values between 1 and 5 inclusive should be accepted.
And more...

Last edited by Dr. Azzy; 03-08-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
Cubical
Ghostring

oo ok let me fix mine

you just think alittle differently then i do

Last edited by Cubical; 03-08-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #19
repliaced
Drops

Quote:
thank you for the blood lust support! I'll post if i find anything buggy with the update.

few things;

This maintenance the GMs reactivated the AOE skills. So we should be able to use them without crashing anything.

how did you set up blood lust to auto cast? Mine wasn't using it when she had 120 sp.
Can anyone confirm this for me? If they are on the main servers now I might actually level my sera outside of OD2 so she can get her aoe.

Last edited by repliaced; 03-08-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
Dr. Azzy
Stapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by repliaced View Post
Quote:

few things;

Can anyone confirm this for me? If they are on the main servers now I might actually level my sera outside of OD2 so she can get her aoe.
Confirmed.
And more...