iRO Wiki  

Go Back   iRO Wiki > Ragnarok Online > Renewal Class Discussion

Renewal Class Discussion Everything about Renewal Classes in here!

Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Giu M
Poring Egg

Server: fRO

Default Questions about the Class and Build

Hi my name is Giu and I have some questions about my Sorcerer build.

First of all, sorry for my bad English, I am from fRO and we just got renewal.

So I do want to play my Sorcerer mainly WoE//PvP and if possible is still want to be able to so some party play.

Besides that, I do not know if itís necessary to have Earth Grave. I see a lot of people taking it with them, and I do not know why, can someone tell me plz?

Class: Sorcerer

Goal: Woe//PvP and be able to party play in some way Sup or as Caster

Funds: i just started, but I have friends to help me out. Atm I level most of the time solo, but want to change that.

Gear: I have a piercing staff +7, the rest is medium, but still okay.

Stat Goal:
Int: 120
Dex: 102
Vit: 95
Luk: 60

Stats Atm:
Int: 120
Dex: 66

And at this Moment I have two builds and I donít know which one to take.

No.1

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/sor.html?10qoAnfkeKcskBaFgSkErA1qFabdnafqnafkFkDaN gAkDcHcY

No.2

http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/sor.html?10qoAnfkeKbskBbsrAkErA1qFab2fqnqskFkDaNgA dBcHcY

----

And still I got two questions about Striking. Do I have to max just one Endow to get the full potential of the skill, or do I have to max out all 4 of them? And besides that, is it worth it all the points?
Giu M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Barigas
Metaling

Server: ruRO

Default Re: Questions about the Class and Build

1) Earth Grave is mostly useless in PvP/WoE and does not worth the skill points you spend on it.
2)Piercing staff is a bad weapon for mage class(too little base matk). Better get Thorned Staff of Darkness + Skull Cap(if you have it on you server), if not - then for PvM Chronos or Mental Stick or La'crima Stick(with 2x Zakudam it is also good for PvP, I use it now). If you are support, then use Combat Knive and change it on staff when you cast some damaging spell.
3)Sorcerer does not need that much luk. 30 is enough, rest you can spend on ~10str and some dex or vit it's your choice, I've got not that much luk and have 113 base dex.
4)Both builds you have are very bad, I don't have much time to explain why soul burn 5 and many insignias are useless. Read other topics you can easily find my posts there. Agni2 is also does not have that much use, while Striking 5 is a must for sorcerer, specially in PvP.
There are 2 builds which I like
First is more WoE oriented because of Cloud Kill(which is also good for PvM)
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4...hSaPaNdBancHcY
But my build is more PvP oriented(I don't like WoE) that's why I need Foresight,Ventus3(for Zephyr against Arrow Storm and other physical skills) in it:
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4...hSaQaNdBancHcY
5)You should have all endows max to get the full potential of Striking(each point in chant is +5 atak). In my build it is one of the last thing I was thinking, I don't think it worth skillpoint that much, unless you are making full-support build without PW and other damaging skills.
Barigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Giu M
Poring Egg

Server: fRO

Okay first of all thanks for the reply,

But in some way I have to disagree with some of your skill advices. Neither of your build got ME higher then 2, sorry but for me that is a no go. I am looking for a mix for WoE//PvP sorcerer, because I’m not planning on creating another one.

2) at this moment I only have a piercing staff, as said, I just started and the staff was a gift. Skull cap isn’t in the game right now, but as far as I know they plan to make it available.
3) thanks I will keep the luk stat in mind.
4) The thing with insignias is, that atm I rly do not know how they can be useful. But I am planning on doing some PvE too, so I thought they might be useful. Because of agni, I heard that with Scarab dungeon it will be a must have skill, so, why don’t skill it? And for striking, I get that the skill is very good, but it takes so much preskills to make it TOP and I don’t want to spend them, just to support my mates.

I am aware that Sorcerer are not rly the Killers in WoE//PvP but I don’t just want to take the sup role, I want to disturb as best as is can, but not just be a buffer. That’s why I don’t bring in MB. If the Insignias are rly that bad, I will have points for striking, though it will not be the best striking.

It would be nice to hear some other opinions, from other players.
Thanks for your Help.
Giu M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
Barigas
Metaling

Server: ruRO

1)ME lvl 5 is good mostly for MvP, in WoE it most of the time bothers instead of helping.
2)Insignias are only usefull against MvP or in pre-cast in WoE(because of their 1 minute cooldown) so, your targets must stand on one place. In PvP I use it like this Frost Diver + Water Insignia + Whirlwind + Deep Sleep(wait for it's cooldown if it not proceeds) and then Varetyr Spear.
Barigas is offline   Reply With Quote