SimpleROHook - Extra Client Features

Everything RO related here,
Toxn
Guild: Otterly

SimpleROHook - Extra Client Features

Post by Toxn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:34 pm

SimpleROHook is a spiritual successor to the discontinued RCX. Originally developed by the same developer, SRH acts as a miniature version of RCX that was made to work with newer RO clients. Unfortunately the original branch of SimpleROHook was left without update, and broke in 2015. But thanks to @drdaxxy, it has been updated and works once again. DrDaxxy asked on the iW Discord if a more known player could compile a build, so here we are.

Feature List:
Settings can be enabled/disabled through the SimpleROHook icon on your taskbar's notifications area, or through the config.xml.
  • M2E: Displays colored cells of most ground AoEs in game. The colors for every AoE displayed can be changed through a config.ini. Some skills may incorrectly show up as a single cell, such as Pneuma and majority of Third Class ground skills.
  • BBE: Shows the Bowling Bash "gutter line" grid locations on screen. The area's within the grid lines will prevent Bowling Bash from working correctly.
  • Dead Cells: Displays cells that players can't walk on.
  • Chat Scope: Shows the radius of how far you can see people talking in game. This is also handy to use as a reference of how far you can cast skills.
  • Cast Range: Displays a radius of how far you can cast skills. While it's not completely accurate, it is still useful as a reference point.
  • Show FPS: Displays your client's frames per second.
  • NPC Logger: Displays a tiny window that logs all NPC text outside game in case you miss any dialogue or wish you copy & paste. This feature is currently broken however.
  • 44Khz Audio: Boosts the client's audio bitrate to 44Khz, improving the quality of sound effects and BGM if you have higher quality files than the standard BGM files.
  • Free Mouse: A built in "mouse freedom" which allows your cursor to go beyond the client's window when playing in windowed mode. However RO now has it's own built in "mouse freedom".
  • Fix Window Mode Vsync: Fixes the horrible window vsync DirectX 7 has. May cause a client performance decrease at the cost of removing screen tearing.
  • CPU Cooler: Reduces the CPU usage the client uses while trying to preserve the client's performance. It's not recommended to use while actively playing.
  • Chainload: This allows for both SRH and dinput.dll mods to hook into the client properly together. Recommended to keep this option enabled.
Notes
  • If colored cells appear to be clipping through the ground, adjust the Ground Z Bias value under 3D Map Grid.
  • The transparency of colored cells can be adjusted with Alpha Level slider under 3D Map Grid.
Legality:
As of writing this thread, SimpleROHook is considered a legal third party program by the iRO staff, and players will not be punished for using it. For a quick read of what is considered legal to use, and what isn't, please read Campitor's thread on WarpPortal forums: https://forums.warpportal.com/index.php ... uidelines/
The blue lines in the quote below are where SimpleROHook falls into.
Client Edits
Any Client edit except those that do the following are prohibited. What this means if they are not going to ban you if you use one of the ones below. We do not recommend that you ever edit your client. This can result in game client instability and we cannot assist you if you do so. You may need to reinstall the game to make the client playable again
Graphical Edits that help with the display of skill outlines
  • Ex Gutter Lines, Over Lays that show skill splash Zone
Graphical Edits that are purely Cosmetic in Nature
  • ​Ex. Big Card Edits (Please note replacing monster or player sprites can be viewed as giving players an unfair advantage and may result in account suspension)
Informational Client Edits that help with tracking buff timers
Creation of Mini Map files for maps that do not have them.
Certain Edits that help with client performance
  • ​Ex. Remove Shake, Remove Hallucination
Removal of Camera Restrictions on Maps DO NOT EDIT Render RADIUS
Use of Keyboard/AHK Macros that Do Not Automate Play
If you are playing on a non-iRO server, be aware that these rules may not apply to your server. Before using the hook, check the legality of the hook on your server.

Sources:
https://github.com/sekishi1259/SimpleROHook - The original source, broke in 2015.
https://github.com/drdaxxy/SimpleROHook - The updated source.

Compiled Releases
SimpleROHook 074.zip
(103.76 KiB) Downloaded 1451 times
Last Commit: 41b9655. Contains my own pre-configured M2E color config.ini. You can also replace with your own, or delete the ini and launch SimpleROHook to generate the default ini.

Thank you Redchat for developing the program, and thank you DrDaxxy for updating it. For iW's old discussion thread on SRH and RCX, you can find the archive here.
Last edited by Toxn on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

daxxy

Re: SimpleROHook - Extra Client Features

Post by daxxy » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks again for providing this build.

Some more notes:
  • This is tested to work with current iRO Renewal and RE:Start clients. It may or may not work on other servers.
  • If this doesn't work for you, you may need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (32-bit version, vc_redist.x86.exe, even if you're using 64-bit Windows, even if you have a newer version of the redistributable already installed).
  • Toxn's M2E config.ini is different from the default (generated by the program if no config.ini is present). The default (provided by phaicm) contains more skill names. I've uploaded a copy here.

Blueness
Site Admin
Guild: iRO Wiki

Post by Blueness » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Here it is locally hosted!

Edit: SimpleROHook 24-09-2017.zip removed. Use attachment in the first post instead.
iRO Restart, iRO Classic, iRO Ymir, iRO Loki, iRO Valkyrie, iRO Sakray | ropd
http://www.rainymood.com

breeg : if you ds fast enough it's kinda like having them exp tap shit for you

Discord! http://irowiki.org/discord

Toxn

Post by Toxn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:23 pm

First post updated with the new version. Works with the new Ragexe released for Restart today.

Joey

Post by Joey » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:41 am

Is there a way to set the screen to windowed+fullscreen mode with this mod?

Toxn

Post by Toxn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:15 am

Download the new 070 release and see if it works with Chainload enabled under Extra.

Meiou

Post by Meiou » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:51 pm

Client crash if I used the M2E and cast skill, it also crash when i activated the dead cell.
Am I missing something to support the cell color?

daxxy

Post by daxxy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Meiou wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:51 pm
Client crash if I used the M2E and cast skill, it also crash when i activated the dead cell.
Am I missing something to support the cell color?
What server are you playing on?

Also, this is kind of a long shot, but try changing the "Ground Z Bias" value. (I've heard this is necessary for some GPUs, but I would think the cells just wouldn't show if that's misconfigured, not crash the client...)

Meiou

Post by Meiou » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Chaos renewal, weird that now it works. Does it have anything to do with my visual studio still open? Cause now that I close it, no more crash

Meiou

Post by Meiou » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks anyway!

Toxn

Post by Toxn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Updated compiled build again, now has the cast range circle.

netrosphere2010

Post by netrosphere2010 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:43 am

hello there.. having an error when trying to open the "SimpleROHookCS.exe" error says "error:LoadLibrary failed."

i already installed the vcredits as required above and the missing the dlls... that is the very last thing the pop-ups... please need help TIA..

khaosking

Post by khaosking » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:11 am

netrosphere2010 wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:43 am
hello there.. having an error when trying to open the "SimpleROHookCS.exe" error says "error:LoadLibrary failed."

i already installed the vcredits as required above and the missing the dlls... that is the very last thing the pop-ups... please need help TIA..
You probably never used the old SimpleHook, keep the RoSimpleHook folder on your desktop and run it from there rather than placing it in your RO directory. Then open your RO after simplehook is running. Had the same problem until I remembered to run it like that.

Tonymaycon2

Post by Tonymaycon2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:59 am

Hello, first I want to thank you for working, I played on the official server and I worked the chat scope, BBE, Dead cell, cast range and the fps counter, but did not show the colored cells of the abilities like the old ones, for example pneuma and sanctuary do not stand the squares. I already looked in the config file and changed the color and transparency, but it still did not work, I await a friendly response.Edit: I have net framework2015.

Toxn

Post by Toxn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:45 pm

What server are you on?

If it's iRO: Check to make sure that neither SimpleROHook or Ragnarok are running in a compatibility mode (I only mention this specifically because I was recently asked about the same issue, still worth checking though).

Tonymaycon2

Post by Tonymaycon2 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:23 pm

do you mean compatible with Windows XP or Service Pack 3?
if this is it, it did not work.
Last edited by Tonymaycon2 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tonymaycon2

Post by Tonymaycon2 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:12 am

:oops: Hello friends, I just confirmed, I entered the iro and it is working normal
Last edited by Tonymaycon2 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

emjaybee21

Post by emjaybee21 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:10 am

hello good job for the rcx. howerever, all are working fine for me except for the M2E. do you know what could be the problem?

Toxn

Post by Toxn » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:04 pm

What server are you playing on?

Namrok
Guild: Yum Yum

Post by Namrok » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:10 pm

why, when i turn ON - Object Information
i have this (pic)

in theory, there must be buffs and other info? or what :cry:

Chaos & Odin Russian Guild

Toxn

Post by Toxn » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Object Information is debug information for fixing the hook or potentially adding features, doesn't really add anything of value for normal play.

bansheenorn

Post by bansheenorn » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:42 am

M2E is not working for me, other feature is working.

Any help ?

from Indonesian Classic Revo Server

https://ragnarok.gravindo.id/home

I Hate Anime

Post by I Hate Anime » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 am

How do you change the color of the cast range line?

Conflict

Post by Conflict » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Is it SimpleROHook or RCX that has the buff timers over peoples heads?

Blueness
Site Admin
Guild: iRO Wiki

Post by Blueness » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Conflict wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:17 pm
Is it SimpleROHook or RCX that has the buff timers over peoples heads?
RCX, which no longer works.
iRO Restart, iRO Classic, iRO Ymir, iRO Loki, iRO Valkyrie, iRO Sakray | ropd
http://www.rainymood.com

breeg : if you ds fast enough it's kinda like having them exp tap shit for you

Discord! http://irowiki.org/discord