Settings can be enabled/disabled through the SimpleROHook icon on your taskbar's notifications area, or through the config.xml.
- M2E: Displays colored cells of most ground AoEs in game. The colors for every AoE displayed can be changed through a config.ini. Some skills may incorrectly show up as a single cell, such as Pneuma and majority of Third Class ground skills.
- BBE: Shows the Bowling Bash "gutter line" grid locations on screen. The area's within the grid lines will prevent Bowling Bash from working correctly.
- Dead Cells: Displays cells that players can't walk on.
- Chat Scope: Shows the radius of how far you can see people talking in game. This is also handy to use as a reference of how far you can cast skills.
- Cast Range: Displays a radius of how far you can cast skills. While it's not completely accurate, it is still useful as a reference point.
- Show FPS: Displays your client's frames per second.
- NPC Logger: Displays a tiny window that logs all NPC text outside game in case you miss any dialogue or wish you copy & paste. This feature is currently broken however.
- 44Khz Audio: Boosts the client's audio bitrate to 44Khz, improving the quality of sound effects and BGM if you have higher quality files than the standard BGM files.
- Free Mouse: A built in "mouse freedom" which allows your cursor to go beyond the client's window when playing in windowed mode. However RO now has it's own built in "mouse freedom".
- Fix Window Mode Vsync: Fixes the horrible window vsync DirectX 7 has. May cause a client performance decrease at the cost of removing screen tearing.
- CPU Cooler: Reduces the CPU usage the client uses while trying to preserve the client's performance. It's not recommended to use while actively playing.
- Chainload: This allows for both SRH and dinput.dll mods to hook into the client properly together. Recommended to keep this option enabled.
- If colored cells appear to be clipping through the ground, adjust the Ground Z Bias value under 3D Map Grid.
- The transparency of colored cells can be adjusted with Alpha Level slider under 3D Map Grid.
As of writing this thread, SimpleROHook is considered a legal third party program by the iRO staff, and players will not be punished for using it. For a quick read of what is considered legal to use, and what isn't, please read Campitor's thread on WarpPortal forums: https://forums.warpportal.com/index.php ... uidelines/
The blue lines in the quote below are where SimpleROHook falls into.
If you are playing on a non-iRO server, be aware that these rules may not apply to your server. Before using the hook, check the legality of the hook on your server.Client Edits
Any Client edit except those that do the following are prohibited. What this means if they are not going to ban you if you use one of the ones below. We do not recommend that you ever edit your client. This can result in game client instability and we cannot assist you if you do so. You may need to reinstall the game to make the client playable again
Graphical Edits that help with the display of skill outlines
Graphical Edits that are purely Cosmetic in Nature
- Ex Gutter Lines, Over Lays that show skill splash Zone
Informational Client Edits that help with tracking buff timers
- Ex. Big Card Edits (Please note replacing monster or player sprites can be viewed as giving players an unfair advantage and may result in account suspension)
Creation of Mini Map files for maps that do not have them.
Certain Edits that help with client performance
Removal of Camera Restrictions on Maps DO NOT EDIT Render RADIUS
- Ex. Remove Shake, Remove Hallucination
Use of Keyboard/AHK Macros that Do Not Automate Play
https://github.com/sekishi1259/SimpleROHook - The original source, broke in 2015.
https://github.com/drdaxxy/SimpleROHook - The updated source.
Compiled Releases: Last Commit: 7dfcae9. Contains my own pre-configured M2E color config.ini. You can also replace with your own, or delete the ini and launch SimpleROHook to generate the default ini.
Thank you Redchat for developing the program, and thank you DrDaxxy for updating it. For iW's old discussion thread on SRH and RCX, you can find the archive here.daxxy wrote: ↑Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:44 amOkay, so I updated and wasn't able to reproduce the issue.
To narrow it down, I've attached a build that logs more debug information but should otherwise be equivalent.
If you're having problems:
- Close any open RO clients and exit SimpleROHook, if you're running it at the moment
- Download SRH Debug attached to this post and extract the included Injector.dll to your SimpleROHook folder, overwriting the Injector.dll originally in there
- Start SimpleROHook
- Start RO (iRO Restart or Renewal)
- Log in and play if you want (but all relevant data should already be collected by the time you see the login screen)
- Exit the client normally
- Find _simplerohook.log in your RO folder. In case you don't know where that is, it's the first line after "hook enable" in the Tiny Console window with this build - don't worry about the Yen signs, those are turned into backslashes when copypasting to Explorer.
- Upload the file somewhere, e.g. https://en.pastebin.ca/upload.php - it is important you close the client first, because the file is only saved then.
- Press Start, type "winver", hit Enter
- Post a link to the file and your OS version from the About Windows box you just opened (e.g. "Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.192)")